With Easter right around the corner and most of us are at home, I figured I would start sharing some recipes if anyone wanted to get their bake on! These are super simple and quick to make. The perfect mix of chocolate and mini eggs all bundled into a soft cookie. I love eating them fresh out of the oven when they are still warm. But how many cookies can a girl eat? So store them in a airtight container and they will be perfect in the days to come!
Mini Egg Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely crushed Mini Eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with nonstick baking mats or lightly grease them with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl cream together butter, granulated and brown sugars, vanilla and eggs. Add in salt, baking soda, baking powder and flour and mix until incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips and crushed Mini Eggs. The cookie dough will be slightly sticky.
- Scoop a rounded tablespoon of cookie dough and place on cookie sheets. Bake for 8-9 minutes or until the bottoms are golden brown.
- Let cookies sit on cookie sheets for a few minutes, then carefully remove them to a cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
My boy absolutely loves making these cookies with me. They are bright, colourful and only have a handful of ingredients to mix. He may have already ate three this morning…. YOLO! Cookies for breakfast are the best. I hope you enjoy them.