Over the past couple of months, I’ve been thinking about all the things I want to accomplish. It had me thinking that I really need to set a list of dreams in order to make them come true. My life has been chaotic the past year and I’m excited to slow things down and work on me. I decided that if you don’t hold yourself accountable, how will you ever succeed. Here are a couple items I want to accomplish this coming year. Some bigger than others, but all are attainable in my eyes.
- Destination Wedding – travelling has forever been close to my heart. You cannot put a value on experiencing what the world has to offer. What would be better than travelling the world? Photographing a wedding in one of those destinations. Hawaii is number one on the list, followed by Italy and than Greece. If you, or someone you know is planning a destination wedding – I would love to chat with you/them.
- Island Lake Lodge – last weekend my friend took me to Island Lake Lodge in Fernie, BC and I absolutely fell in love! This place is beyond beautiful and photographing mountain weddings is the direction I want to one day take my business in. With this bucket list item, come a goal of learning to hike. One day, I might be able to call myself a hiker.
- Be featured on a blog – as it is probably every photographers dream, being featured on a blog is such an amazing accomplishment. This year I will do everything in my power to try and be featured on a blog. I love my work and am confident I will find the perfect blog that will fit my style of shooting.
- Branding – with a new last name, comes a new look! I want to completely rebrand Miranda Weston Photography, although I am not changing my business name. A entire facelift is needed and a dear friend of mine and owner/designer at Jraedesigns is helping my vision come to life! I can’t wait to share with you what we have in store.
- Elopement – there is something an elopement that drags me in deeper. It is something I have always wanted to be apart of, and photographing one would be a dream come true! I love when I see couples choosing elopements because ultimately the day is about the two of you.
- Proposal – photographing a proposal has to be number one on my to-do list! One of my favorite parts of my engagement is I have pictures to take me back to that moment everyday. Hire a photographer to document one of the best days of your life. It will be worth it, I promise. Your significant other will be over the moon.
- Complete my lens collection – the long list of lenses I want is never ending but I do have 2 more I want to add this year. The 35mm 1.4 and the 50mm 1.4. Christmas ideas anyone? Just kidding… Maybe… Not really!
- Blog – this summer I fell off the blog wagon with being so busy with life. I want to try and post at least one blog post per week. Sharing different ideas, sessions, featuring different artists and locals. Stay tuned to see whats to come.
- Home office – I want to complete my home office. Surrounding myself with natural light, work I am proud of and a good work environment. This is one of our winter projects for when it gets cold outside.
Do you often set goals and write bucket lists for yourself? If so, I would love to hear whats on yours!
Thanks for visiting.